HW: Weird CDs

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Oct 27 19:07:42 EDT 2000

In message <3.0.6.32.20001024185640.00998ab0 at pop.sirius.com>, Doug
Pearson <ceres at SIRIUS.COM> writes

>But then again, all 3 versions of "Uncle Sam" ('76 Neu-like version of
>'Thrilling Adventures', '77 chugging version with the great Calvert rant on
>'PXR5', and the '78 Hawklords high energy version of Weird 104) are very
>different from one another and each has something interesting to offer IMO.

Agreed. However the one on Thrilling Adventures I find particularly
curious, because the rhythm sounds- to me anyway- suspiciously like
Opa-Loka. Given that this is the earliest version, my theory is that the track
originated as a Calvertian rant during O-L. Anyone know if this is the case?
--
Nick Medford