No Lonesome Dope after all!

Melvyn Vincent mel at MVA.U-NET.COM
Tue Oct 31 08:11:25 EST 2000

Thanks for all your replies on this subject.
I have always agreed with HW's intention which was clearly stated on the
back cover of the very firsy HW Album by ...."levitating their minds in a
nice way,without acid,with ultimately a complete audio visual thing".
At the end of the day it is possible to train our minds to think/imagine a
certain way without neccesarily useing a chemical stimulus.
I am reminded of what a number of the animation artists that worked on the
Disney epic 'Fantasia' said on a TV documentary a while ago. Many outsiders
considered that they must have used LSD at some point in the creative/ideas
process in order to conceive some of the complex evolving imagery used in
Fantasia. However...they maintained that this was simply not the case and
that they'd simply trained their minds to think/imagine a certain way in
developing the visual ideas.

Mind you...this little bit of 'druggy philosophising' is a bit at odds with
what certain HW band members got up to in the past. I just wonder what many
of the  band members (both old & new) feel on this subject in the light of
their past 30 or so years experiences.

Are you out there Kris & Dave?  Any opinions on this subject?

regards

Mel