HW: Extended line-up (the future?)

Tue Oct 31 17:09:03 EST 2000

Presumably if the soundboard recording of the concert is OK, then an album would be great.
BUT the problems then beging to stack up. Royalties for a start - who gets what for how much - do you give equal per member per track according to who plays on what. If one member on a track refuses to give permission, and that track(s) have to be shelved, then the other musicians are not going to be happy, and so it goes - the political, musical and egotistical ramifications could be a nightmare.
I only wish that all the members hadn't got to worry so much about the financial angle, then you could get everyone to get into the spirit of Xmas, drop any ego clashes and forego everything, musicians, manufacturers, the lot -  let the whole set out and give the profits to a worthwhile charitable cause - Hawkaid!!!!???
Just a thought.....and no doubt a poor one.
Andy Garibaldi.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tom Clark
  To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
  Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 1:13 AM
  Subject: Re: HW: Extended line-up (the future?)

  My sentiments exactly!
  A new album would be great!!  There was plenty of talent and  genuine enthusiasm at the Hawkestra show that oughta make this happen.   Whattabout  new "Hawkestra" album?  That would clear up any contractual issues, if any, as in Hawklords...  It would be awesome if Lemmy, Steve Swindells, Alan Davey, as well as all other members who were present, or could not make it, could contribute some new material as an aside from their current projects  just the fun of it.  We only live once, ey!   I guess it would be a matter of mixing and matching musicians in a studio setting....which leads me to wonder which line ups would work together best......a new topic for discussion perhaps...

  (under the influence of the scotch I got at the duty free shop at the airport)

  david hall wrote:

     I hope that the Hawkestra vibe spins off in some studio output. Dave