HW: Bassists for the all-nighter

Stuckey, Robert robert.stuckey at WCOM.CO.UK
Fri Sep 1 06:04:20 EDT 2000

    I don't know why there's all this fuss about who's
   playing bass, we don't know what the format of the night
   is going to be. With the name Hawkestra, it's quite
   possible that Hawkwind could play for several hours with
   a possible 20+ band members, hang on doesn't that sound
   like that Michael Butterworth story???

    I can see Lemmy coming on for one or two songs, but is he
   going to be the same as 30 years ago? He's had 25-odd years
   of playing punk/metal, mostly 3-minute long, 3 chord jobs,
   hardly your 20-minute long psychedelic jam and whats more
   he probably won't be off his head on chemicals like was
   last time he was in the band. It would be cool to see him
   there though.

    Bring on Alan, he can sing, play bass, keyboard or
   spoons and has a beard!!!

     cheers - Rob
--
This communication contains information which is confidential and
may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the