HW: Rumour of Alan

Sun Sep 3 19:10:16 EDT 2000

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, J D wrote:

> I'm wondering if the original rumour of AD's return is in fact a
> mis-interpretation of a comment in Brian Tawn's latest newsletter. In
> it, Brian was listing AD dates, but then said that in his opinion the
> ones around 21st Oct are dubious due to the HW gig. I read that as
> meaning that AD wouldn't want to be competing for the same audience or
> even that he'd want to be in the audience himself. Maybe others read
> that as meaning something else? I dunno, would the originator care to
> comment? Personally I don't want to see any bassist other than Lemmy
> at Brixton, for obvious reasons.

        Well, <www.hawkwind.com> has a link to Bedouin tour dates which
has them down as appearing at Brixton on the 21st October, so I'd guess
Alan'll be there in one form at least. And from the number of `confirmed'
rumours around I'd guess anyone who turns up will get a song with the
Hawks if no more...

        The Lloyd Langton Band also seem (from links on the same page) to
be turning up, yours,
                      Jon

--
 |  Jon Jarrett (01223 741219)           jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk
 | "Zeron Gamma Two continuum entropy control parameters - AFFIRMATIVE!" |