HW Stonehenge Collection

Sun Sep 3 19:14:50 EDT 2000

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Doug Pearson wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 23:49:30 +0100, Mick Crook <m.j.crook at BTINTERNET.COM>
> wrote:
> >Thanks Andy, the lable is Purple Pyramid, is that the same as Cleopatra? I've
> >long since lost track of all these various lables.
>
> Yes, Purple Pyramid seems to be the Cleopatra subsidiary for
> spacerock/psych/krautrock/etc.  That also seems to have a nasty habit of
> not quite giving you everything you thought you were paying for.  I was
> incensed when I found that the last 3-1/2 minutes of "Robot" are cut from
> the version on their 'Golden Void' double CD.  I've also heard that their
> Ash Ra Tempel 2-fers cut out some of the material, but I haven't actually
> heard the CD's (and after my experience with 'Golden Void' I certainly
> won't be buying them!).
>
> Does 'Stonehenge Collection' have any unfortunate edits along those lines?

        I don't know about this one, but their edition of Brainticket's
_Celestial Ocean_ is up to Hawkwind standard :-) It has the first track on
it twice, once by itself and once indexed with the second one. OK, fine,
you just start with the second track, but they also did it so that there
are two-second gaps between all the tracks, which on an album which segues
at every opportunity really does suck. Still an excellent album but Purple
Pyramid really haven't done much to make it so other than making it
available, which I guess counts for quite a lot :-) Yours,
                                                           Jon

--
 |  Jon Jarrett (01223 741219)           jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk
 | "Zeron Gamma Two continuum entropy control parameters - AFFIRMATIVE!" |