HW: Brixton expectations

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Sep 4 08:13:40 EDT 2000

J D writes:

> ------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C015FD.4B0805A0
>
> Hi,
> The thought of the Brixton gig has me running both hot and cold.
> On the negative side - just cos various members from HW's golden age =
> will be present doesn't automatically make the gig a great one. What's =
> the worst "HW" gig ever performed?

The one in the top field at Stonehenge early evening either '82 or '83.
Nick and Dave came to fighting on stage after arguing which track to
play and then Dave playing one with Nik singing another. It degenerated
from there, with Nik going into his "Uncle Sam's on heroin" and "Get off
my mummy Uncle Sam" rock circus routine. It's the only Hawkwind gig I've
walked away from.

FoFP