HW: Brixton expectations

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Sep 5 08:56:45 EDT 2000

J D writes:

> Mike,
> I remember you mentioning this before.
> I was  Stonehenge in both 82 & 83 and can't remember any of this.

There was a year they played up the very top field (toward Devizes)
mid-evening before it was dark. Later they played further down and a
much better gig.

> Is any of this on the tapes from those 2 gigs or was this an unrecorded
> event?

Not sure - I don't have all the Stonehenge recordings. best ask
Bernhard.

I'm pretty sure about all this. Although I was occasionally intoxicated
at Stonehenge, I tended to start drinking at sunset. It's more likely to
have been 1982 than 1983.

If it's unrecorded, then we're not missing a lot.

FoFP