Songs that Set the Hook

Albert Bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Sep 5 20:57:33 EDT 2000

"Ted Jackson jr." wrote:

> On 5 Sep 00, at 18:34, Jon Jarrett wrote:
>
> No problem.  those songs are now so old, BOC wouldn't even have to
> get permission!  They would still have to pay whoever 'owns' the song
> a royalty for each copy sold, I guess...

Seriously I think the statute is 50 years and you need the writers's
permission. Of course, given the limited sales potential it probably
wouldn't be worth it to sue especially for Winters and Braunstein. I'm
sure a deal could be worked out.