BOC: A few random thoughts

Joseph Brooks Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET
Wed Sep 6 11:09:49 EDT 2000

Having recently acquired the BOC live '76 video from a list member (Thanks!
you know who you are! Check's in the mail :) it has me thinking my BOC
thoughts again...

It was lots of fun seeing Al singing Cities on Flame, in his bowler hat and
Tuxedo T-shirt. They all look like kids, its amazing. EB with all his hair
and his chest exposed (he looked like one of the X-Men hehe), Buck in his
white suit, Lanier's ever present cig.. I just wish the sound were better
(The video itself could be better quality also but I can forgive that). It
brought back a ton of memories, especially the 5 guitar segment. My son, who
was born in '86, thought that was major cool (or, Rad, as he put it).
Indeed, he may be the youngest BOC fan at the age of 14 (the same age I was
when I discovered BOC) though I'm certainly glad that he's not in to the
other things (cough) that I was in to at that age. When EB started his
little schtick about getting high, I had to explain to my son that, "things
were very different back then.."

(Ok, yes, I know it sounds hypocritical but though I spent my youth high as
a kite, I'd just as soon have my son avoid all that) I refrained from
telling him one of my favorite BOC stories where someone threw a handful of
joints on stage and most of the band picked them up and lit up.

Though the quality of the video is poor, I enjoyed it immensely, it made me
feel 16 again for a little while. The 8th wonder of the world, indeed!

Anyway, my wife and I had a little argument. I seem to recall this bit where
EB would pretend to cut his palm with a razor, complete with fake blood and
all. My wife says I dreamed this, she doesn't recall it at all. I don't
remember what song he did this in but I'm certain he did it.

Anyone?

(OK, lets hear your BOC stories guys, its a slow morning here at the
office...)

JB