timekiller

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at WIZVAX.NET
Thu Sep 7 11:04:19 EDT 2000

At 10:23 9.7.00 -0400, you wrote:
>1.  Name a Hawkwind disc where you can find the words "Blue Oyster Cult"
>        in the sleeve notes?
Barry. (yes that joke is  bad.)

>2.  Who provides the haunting female background vocals on "Last Days of May"?
The Bouchards.. but wait they're not female.
They also did the "0oooooh eyes" in Harvester o' Eyes
>3.  What Instrument(s) did Mike Moorcock play on "Lucky Leif and the
Longships"?
banjo?
>4.  Who is the patron saint of music?
St. Cecilia. the guitar solo was meant to be redone afterwards but the
sessions were cancelled.
>5.  Who are the "Bulldaggers"?  What is their connection to Hawkwind?
cousins of the Transmanicon MC?
>6.  According to Meltzer, what occurence brought about his going to see BÖC
>        for the first time in a long, long time recently?
I should know this since its on my webpage heh.  Wasn't it that they were
in town?
(for the answer go to
http://www.angelfire.com/ny4/ungodlyvision/rants/article7.htm
and click on "FRONT OF THE BOOK")

>7.  How many times does the letter "C" appear in "Collector"?
none, it should be spelled Kollector

>8.  Which of the following would most likely draw the ire of Eric at a show
>        where BÖC are performing:
>
>        a - Repeatedly shouting for "Imaginos!"
>        b - Firing bottle rockets at the stage
>        c - Selling bootleg hawkwind t-shirts
>        d - wearing a Red Sox baseball cap, Miami Heat jersey, and
>                a Washington redskins jacket.
>
>        e - Wearing the BOC-L nethawks t-shirt.
I also think shouting "PLAY LET GO!! (or beat em up)" would do it too.
so would cornering him into an autograph and asking where's Al and Joe?
And to refer to Meltzer again, could also call him Manny (referring to
Richard's review of OYFoOYK).

"And philosophy is wont, in fact, not infrequently, to convert itself into
a kind of art of spiritual pimping.And sometimes into an opiate for lulling
sorrows to sleep."
        - Unamuno, _Tragic Sense of Life_