Moorcock Answered my question...

Joseph Brooks Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET
Thu Sep 7 11:00:13 EDT 2000

A follow up from M. Moorcock:

-=-snip-=-

Question - This question was asked by JB on 2000-08-30 11:00:56.
In regards to the question I asked yesterday, (about the Fireclown, Eric
Bloom coincidence) I got off my lazy butt and looked that the copy rights on
the novels and saw that they are in 1965, obviously well before you met Mr.
Bloom. However, I would still love to read your comments on this somewhat
large coincidence. Thanks! JB

Answer - Mr. Moorcock answered this question on 2000-09-06 22:48:43
Eric contacted me in, I think, the early 70s to ask for lyrics. I obliged.
It's as
simple as that. I was already doing regular lyrics for Hawkwind and my own
band
Deep Fix and essentially I sent Eric material that didn't really fit with
what we
were playing. I was delighted by all his versions. Pink Floyd's Set The
Controls
For The Heart of the Sun is apparently based on The Fireclown! Mr Bloom is
Mr
Bloom's other brother. All best, MM

-=-snip-=-

JB