OTHER: Twink in action, LA

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Fri Sep 8 17:02:18 EDT 2000

I recently received the following message from drummer Bob Lee:
>Backbiter's recent Al's Bar show - including a cameo by former Pink Fairy &
>Pretty Thing, TWINK, singing his classic "Do It" as the very last song, has
>been web-archived here:
>
>http://www.liveclubs.net/liveclubsnet__replay_page.htm

I haven't actually viewed the version of "Do It", since the Backbiter set
is broken into only two parts with no means of fast-forwarding, and the
video quality is about what you'd expect for a modem connection.

For those of you not in the know, Bob Lee is a killer drummer who's played
with a pretty wide range of LA underground musicians: Clawhammer, Fearless
Leader, Slotnick (appearing on the 'Assassins of Silence' Hawkwind
tribute), Mike Watt (both on his first solo album, which, of course, also
included contribution [at least on the contemporary single] from another
drummer who sometimes posts to boc-l, and on Watt's two most recent
national tours), the Amadans, Blundertoungue, and many others ...

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com