BOC: A few random thoughts / FAQ

Brad Dahl dahl at AROS.NET
Tue Sep 12 03:09:31 EDT 2000

> I believe they did it a few times after you left Al - I never witnessed
> it personally, but I've got a live tape (either around '84 or '92 -
> memory fails here) where Eric did the rap about selling his sould to the
> Devil for a record contract, and when mentioning the part about "You
> gotta sign it in blood", Eric says something about never going anywhere
> in New York without his "trusty blade", and then you can hear on tape a
> lengthy buildup, and Eric comes back saying "So I signed my name in
> BLOOD" - I seem to recall confirming this with someone that he actually
> did the palm-cutting thing.  Anyways, I assume this was after you were
> out of the band - I believe that you guys didn't do 7SDB much after
> about 1975 (and of course UT came out much later, 1981, so I would bet
> Eric got his little toy somewhere around that time?

Phew!  Thanks for reporting this John.  After reading Al's post that they
never did this during 7SDB, I starting thinking that maybe I should have
done drugs in my youth.  I know that I saw Eric do this during that song.
It was at the Swing Auditorium in San Bernardino CA (I don't think this
tuna-can of a concert venue exists anymore) and the only time I saw them do
7SDB live.

Brad