OFF: More Circle

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Sep 14 15:30:53 EDT 2000

Hi again...

In a weird bit of synchronicity, while I was browsing in Used Kids (the
local OSU high-volume second-hand shop where I procure a ton of my discs at
cut-rate prices) yesterday, I bumped into Stephanie of Feldspar Records in
NYC, the label that (I learned) just re-released Circle's 1998 CD "Pori".
She was on her way from NYC to Chicago to meet the band at the airport and
help them get through customs.  And then provide their transportation around
the east (at least).

So anyway, I learned that Circle is going to be playing live on Saturday
(9/16) afternoon on a (north) Chicago radio station and I was wondering if
anyone could manage to tape it for me.  (Oh, by the way, that gig on
Saturday night at Fireside Bowl-Chicago is now off.  The tour will start
officially on Sunday at the other place in Chicago.)  The station is 89.5 FM
WNUR, and the show 'Airplay' runs from 4 to 7 PM (Central) Saturday.  I
suppose they won't be on for the entire 3 hours...perhaps more than one band
play on this show each week, I dunno.  In any case, I'm only concerned about
the Circle part.

On the www.wnur.org/airplay website, it says that these things are webcast
live in RealAudio.  But my computer is completely soundless and I have no
clue how these things work.  And I guess RealAudio isn't really all that
hot, as far as sound quality goes, so I suppose I would prefer the ole
analog tape cassette.  But I can't be picky.  If there's noone in Chicago
that can do it for me, then I would be happy if someone could just tell me
how to 'save/download' the online version (It looks live only, so you have
to do it then, right?) and transfer it into something I could actually hear.

(Karen, I'm guessing that you can't get this station, as it's probably only
on a weak transmitter.)

Thanks for any help...anyone who can provide me a tape or any other hardcopy
version of this show will get something in return.

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  Circle will be doing at least one show in LA, which might be the
Knitting Factory (didn't know they had one out there) on Oct. 5.  I should
know in a few days for sure.