BOC: X-Brothers, Heaven Forbid, Brain Surgeons

Albert Bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Sep 14 16:57:31 EDT 2000

Stephen Swann wrote:

> Actually, it was: "It's jazzy, it's funky, it's rappin', it sucks."  I
> remember this very clearly, because of my exquisite embarrassment on
> finding out that Al was reading the list when I posted that.

Actually I thought that was one of the cleverest reviews that we had gotten up
to that point. It was the "rock critic" part of the band that took offense.
Frankly, I've never thought sucking was that bad. You know you've blown it
when your mother likes your new record!