OFF: Gong's current tour (was: HW: Hawkwind press release)

Denis Regenbrecht denis at D-RIDER.DE
Fri Sep 15 03:09:56 EDT 2000

Hi,

>And while we're on the subject, the guy playing keyboards & synths with
>Gong on the current tour did a very good job of replicating Tim's synth
>parts, and was a pretty keyboard player too, although the keyboard parts he
>played made the band sound a bit too much like post-Dave Mason Traffic for
>my ears ...

That guy's Gwyo Zepix, formerly of Zorch, and he seems rather competent.
How is the Gong tour going so far? I plan to go to two of the gigs on their
forthcoming Euro-tour (the first is two days after Brixton so it will be a
busy week for me <g>) so a little bit of info what to expect would be nice.

thanks & (c)IAO

                 D+R