HW: Hawkwind press release

Fri Sep 15 04:30:03 EDT 2000

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Doug Pearson wrote:

> And while we're on the subject, the guy playing keyboards & synths with
> Gong on the current tour did a very good job of replicating Tim's synth
> parts, and was a pretty keyboard player too, although the keyboard parts he
> played made the band sound a bit too much like post-Dave Mason Traffic for
> my ears ...

        Gwyo Zepix (for such is the name under which he trades) is
talented to the point where I don't understand. At Canterbury he was
playing Tim's parts on one synth and a pseudo-saxophone line (because of
there being no Bloomdido Bad de Grasse) on another, which he was
modulating with a mouth controller. And it was all done extremely
well. How he can concentrate on all three things and what's going round
him as well I simply cannot understand - it seems impossible to me. Yours,

Jon

--
 |  Jon Jarrett (01223 741219)           jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk
 | "Zeron Gamma Two continuum entropy control parameters - AFFIRMATIVE!" |