OFF: More Circle

Miikka Wagner micci at SCI.FI
Sat Sep 16 09:58:59 EDT 2000

Hi!
 I bumped into Stephanie of Feldspar Records in
>NYC, the label that (I learned) just re-released Circle's 1998 CD "Pori".

This is really good news. Great album indeed.

I really hope that they play like they play round here. Last time when I saw
them, they played absolutely magnificent gig. One song was about 15 minut
long, like brainstorm, very powerful. I had see them 3 times and they had
never played song directly albums. Every time lot of jamming, but VERY
professional.

>So anyway, I learned that Circle is going to be playing live on Saturday
>(9/16) afternoon on a (north) Chicago radio station and I was wondering if
>anyone could manage to tape it for me.  (Oh, by the way, that gig on
>Saturday night at Fireside Bowl-Chicago is now off.  The tour will start
>officially on Sunday at the other place in Chicago.)  The station is 89.5 FM
>WNUR, and the show 'Airplay' runs from 4 to 7 PM (Central) Saturday.  I
>suppose they won't be on for the entire 3 hours...perhaps more than one band
>play on this show each week, I dunno.  In any case, I'm only concerned about
>the Circle part.
>
>On the www.wnur.org/airplay website, it says that these things are webcast
>live in RealAudio.  But my computer is completely soundless and I have no
>clue how these things work.  And I guess RealAudio isn't really all that
>hot, as far as sound quality goes, so I suppose I would prefer the ole
>analog tape cassette.  But I can't be picky.  If there's noone in Chicago
>that can do it for me, then I would be happy if someone could just tell me
>how to 'save/download' the online version (It looks live only, so you have
>to do it then, right?) and transfer it into something I could actually hear.
>
>(Karen, I'm guessing that you can't get this station, as it's probably only
>on a weak transmitter.)
>
>Thanks for any help...anyone who can provide me a tape or any other hardcopy
>version of this show will get something in return.
>
>Grakkl (FAA)
>
>P.S.  Circle will be doing at least one show in LA, which might be the
>Knitting Factory (didn't know they had one out there) on Oct. 5.  I should
>know in a few days for sure.

Miikka Wagner
email: micci at sci.fi
http://www.sci.fi/~micci