BOC: Imaginos, part 11 - Presence

Johnny Firic johnnybravo5858 at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 16 15:17:57 EDT 2000

11. IN THE PRESENCE OF ANOTHER WORLD
------------------------------------

It seems there isn't much that needs explaining here. "Born of a yolkless
egg" probably refers to him being "hatched from a spaceship". I have no idea
what "The double peaks of Mars" refers to. I hope it's not something
important.
"And when the stars are right / he locks the door etc.", probably to perform
some kind of rite-associated experiments. Remember "Flaming Telepaths", in
particular "experiments that failed too many times / transformations that
were too hard to find"? Taken together with "the curse of life eternal",
obviously he is somehow experimenting with death, immortality - things like
that. Perhaps, now that he's become fully aware of just who he is, he's
afraid of dying, or wants to postpone it as much as possible? See next song.