BOC: Imaginos, part 13 - Magna

Joseph Brooks Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET
Mon Sep 18 11:21:55 EDT 2000

I'm with you. This is what I wanted to say about the whole thing but lacked
the words to do so. I also think that many folks try too hard to find hidden
meaning and metaphors (Which is what I meant by my "cigar" comment).

I applaud the attempts to put it all together and enjoy reading them. There
was definitely more thought and effort put into it than I ever attempted.
But we're talking about rock n' roll here. I think some of the language used
in the songs can be explained as simply a matter of rhyming conventions and
meter.

I still have problems with some of the lyrics also.. "mimic cry" or
"mimicry", "decimal chains" or "dismal chains" are a few examples (The 2nd
choices are what I hear and actually make more sense to me..) Although, if I
recall, Albert set me straight on at least one of those a year or two back
(in the last big Imaginos debate, I think..)

In any case, Imaginos being one of my all-time favorite albums, I love
discussing it, keep 'em coming!

JB