BOC: Imaginos, part 9 - Susie

Johnny Firic johnnybravo5858 at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 18 18:18:34 EDT 2000

>         I dunno. Why does he have to agree to join the Cult in the first
>place?

I've just remembered something, that i should've written in the previous
post, in regards to the Secreta Treaties :) quote. Obviously that's about
the 'deal' made between Imaginos (although why should be given the title of
Foreign Minister is beyond me) and the oyster boyz (the Ambassadors from
Plutonia, the ?'land' of Les Invisibles).

btw he decides _not to_ join the Cult. he wants to die as a human, and later
finds out the choice had already been made for him.

>- Von Ondine dies - the spirit flies and
>a new Desdinova is born, reincarnation-like.

he dies? is this in the song? and btw this reincarnation ... i don't know.
not convincing. AND as I've said, songs like D+S, ME262 and the rest, can't
be seriously scrutinized.

>But Act III looks awful like Desdinova
>did an ET and phoned home, doesn't it?

ha? et = extra time? I don't get it!
(but I bet I'll be saying "d'oh!" soon)

>I'd say
>there's no reason to bring Christianity into it at this late stage given
>the set the album sleeve takes against it as refusing to accept the world
>as it really is.

oh, I know that. I thought of it at that moment, I didn't know what to write
to look RUR2R seem uncanonical. i don't really seriously believe that...

P.S As I said last one, I'm debating this fairly light-heartedly. I think
>that's the best way...

well, me too! my 'serious' view is, in short, this: as I said in the Magna
bit, most loose threads CAN be connected, to the point where most people at
least agree that "there may be something to it"; however, because of the
"and the joke's on you" thing, which I'm glad to say most people seem to
have digested, I don't think it _deserves_ such serious scrutiny,
theological discussion etc., such as the one that from time to time goes on
at alt.fan.tolkien. example: the Orcs - were they a)soulless automatons, b)
brainwashed, c) genetically modified, or d)even wilder theories!

i don't think that sort of thing fits Imaginos. most of my explanations are
actually tangential stuff like the FWB. the main 'story', the plot of
everything, is still in outlines. and there's no reason to suppose it ever
went beyond that.

Johnny

is now going to dinner, and his friends are waiting for him