BOC: Imaginos, part 1 - "Invisibles"

Johnny Firic johnnybravo5858 at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 25 15:40:10 EDT 2000

> >WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT: THE CONCEPT OF "IMAGINOS"
>
>Ah, one of my favorite sports. Wish I had time to go over this entire
>text in depth, but....

please do so when you have some time!

[having read what you wrote:]

OK... you make many interesting points in your post, mostly dealing with the
occult references I largely passed over in my interpretation. This (passing
over) was done largely because I quite frankly don't know the first thing
about the study of the occult. What I think of the occult references in the
story is prettymuch what I think about the spaceship references - I think
that sort of thing belongs to less "serious", or "thrash" (as a style)
songs, such as "Sole Survivor" or "Diz-busters". Also I much prefer the
pleasure of unraveling the meaning behind a "conventionally" mysterious
lyric, to the understanding of an occult reference. Don't get me wrong, I'm
grateful for your insights (and would welcome more). I just prefer ordinary
topics, they feel more "relevant" to me. I somehow can't think on the same
plane about the "serious" topics (even though they may seem tangential) and
the likes of pagan gods, or spaceships, no matter how important they are for
the story. For example, I found the line

"I'll sit myself behind that clock, and play tunes on its belfry"

much more intriguing than

"Recall the dream of Luxor, how fluids will arrive".

Why am I saying all this? Because I've been told a few times that I skipped
too much of the "interesting" stuff, and concentrated on the details. Well,
I hope I explained myself here, and that people who wanted this stuff now
have something to go on.

Also, if anything of this is ever going to make it into the FAQ, more of the
occult stuff should be explained. And also John's own shrewd insight into
"Burnin' for you"!

ok that was a joke.

I didn't venture on analyzing the "left-off" songs because I found they
contain too much of the occult (and related) material, and with no liner
notes or anything I was basically stuck. SO can you or anyone else shed some
light on the following:

Palomino
Injun Joe
Alberdan -> especially I think this is important
The fourth world
The red virgins   --> seem to perform a similar function as the oyster boys
Areana, the northern sun

I'm sure other folks would be interested as well...

Johnny