HW: A word from the Captain

Melvyn Vincent mel at MVA.U-NET.COM
Mon Sep 25 18:39:27 EDT 2000

>       "At the moment I have spent the  last few weeks trying to get an
>interesting mixture of old and new material  together with various members
>participating in it. We cannot please everyone connected  with this band,
>but I am trying to do the best for the fans. The object of  this whole
>conception is to put on a exciting show, both visually and sound  wise,
>having a jolly good time in the process and hopefully to keep the
>starship flying into the 21st century. Unfortunately there seems to be
>objections about recording and videoing the show, which is a shame, as I
>am sure  that from everyone's point of view (both collectors and band
>members) this would  be to mutual advantage. So come on everyone (band
>members,  management, etc.) no grumping!!!   Yours Dave  Brock"

Well said Dave!!!!
I couldn't agree more with your general sentiments about the whole event.
The event should be preserved as a lasting testament to everyone and
everything about HW over the past 30years...........It just has to be
recorded (properly and proffessionally!). I also hope that it is filmed
aswell (preferably by a more proffessional outfit than
visionary/jettizounds...........sorry John Bentham!)
If neither of these happen.....we'll be left with certain unworthy
individuals making some capital from the laundering and selling of low
quality bootleg material.......(there's too much of this on the market
already!)
I'm not in the music biz......but I really cannot understand any reason why
any band members should object to your proposals. If push comes to
shove...then as a fan for the past 28 years I'd say 'stuff em' to any band
members that are not in tune with the prevailing spirit of the event.
(Including the likes of Lemmy & Nik).....it'll be their loss!!!!
If I were an ex-member/manager of HW I'd feel bloody priveleged to have
been a part (big or small) of its history.....so just what is their
problem? Could it be that the added cost of recording & filming the show
would take too large a slice of their pay packet on the night?