BOC: Imaginos, parts 2 and 9, if 6 was 9 nad H2O

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at WIZVAX.NET
Tue Sep 26 22:55:35 EDT 2000

At 01:39 9.27.00 GMT, you wrote:

>all here flogging a dead horse, in a way.
I turned mine into glue. ha.

>My canon: Again, look at what happened to "Subhuman". The lyrics got twice
>as big.
Although it is not established which came first, the "Blue Oyster Cult"
lyrics or "subhuman".. after all they couldn've been shunk in the 70's so
Eric could remember them all or somethin' :)

Has S. Pearlman ever stated in any interview whatsoever what lyrics in
BOC's catalog he's written were ever part of his _Soft Doctrines of Imaginos_?
Or does he do the shifty producer/Prisoner's no.2 and reply "That would be
telling," and proceed to give an evil smile while clutching a red phone?

>Let me try to explain this a bit more. Now, knowing all we know, look at the
>1974 "Subhuman"text. Sure, it makes perfect sense - "Oyster boys are
>swimming for me, just one deal is what we made now". But did it make sense
>it 1974?
I'd hope so. its like a declarative "see Spot run" sentence (but on jazz).

>Secret Treaties ;-) was a concept album. Hell, I remember some guy a
couple of
>months ago on alt.music.blueoystercult asking if it was one!

I remember waaaaaaaaaaaaay back when I first joined this ragtag group of
rebels (wait, wrong mailing list :)) that I postulated profusely in one
emial about how I thought it could be seen as such, regarding all these hep
characters as Putonia and Desdinova an' such. Don't see why it's
impossible. after all, the packaging for this'un was the slickest yet with
"aggression unchecked is agression unleashed" promo photo slogans, the
technicolor overhead pic of the ME262 and dead dogs and the first
appearance of the band on the (front) cover w/ this. And without a lyric
sheet but including ramapnt imagination, the lyrics could be thought to
have a conceptalbum bent. yay.

>But imagine
>what kind of wild interpretations they could've made in 1974, based on the
>lyrics and the Rossignol bit.
Well, there is the story of that fan who came to a gig in a Nazi uniform.

>just this, you are comparing the well-explained and 'documented' (in view of
>liner notes) Imaginos songs proper, and other songs that may or may not
>(D&S) even be a part of the story!
"everything's connectected, man." just read Douglas Adams.

> laughing his ass off.
Could you imagine HOW HARXD this would be to do? god, the muscle spasm
ripping the buttocks from the bone would be MASSIVE. I think i hear dogs
talkign to me now heh.

>Now, the Rossignol bit: first of all, it has two or three sentences. It says
>-very- little. The Ambassadors from Plutonia - who could they be if not the
>Oyster Boys?
Tupperware salesman from Dimension X.  Tupperware unleashes evil on the
land, with vacuum sealed freshness. The freshness always gets those secret
treatis signed. If only peopel knew what we know now.

>The BOC (the actual band) as a reincarnation of Imaginos:
OR at least an Imaginos support group: ("Hi, My name is Imaginos, and I
have a problem" -- "Hi Imaginos" they reply -- "Y'see, my problem
is,{choke} i meddle in earth's history" (break down crying and group hug
make him feel better)
 Sandy did name the band all dem wacky names way back when, as members of
los transmanicos MC.

> I was born in 1982. Is that the year
>of ET?
Probably, since I remember 'Taxi' episdoe where Rev. Jim said he saw it
like 42 times in a row.. hehe.

>http://profiles.msn.com.
Interesting. they want you to be assured of the safety of your privacy, and
they want you to go bulic in the next sentence. Must be Plutonian
ambassadors:)

I like traffic lights but only when they're green,
Jason