BOC: Imaginos, parts 2 and 9 (or that's what it was)

Joseph Brooks Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET
Wed Sep 27 13:57:48 EDT 2000

I have been toying with the idea of developing an Imaginos/BOC related
computer game. As practice, I have been working on a TC (Total conversion)
using the tools provided with the game "Vampire: The Masquerade" which
allows one to create scenarios, levels and models using their game engine. I
think it would be very cool and I would love to include music from Imaginos
and other BOC. However, I am concerned about copyright infringement and have
shelved the project for now. (I have not progressed far at all on the
project so I don't really have anything concrete beyond the most basic
planning stages..)

If anyone knows copyright law at all, if I were to create such a thing
(using names, references, music and possibly even likenesses) and distribute
it free, would I be setting myself up for trouble? I do recall seeing a BOC
related custom map for Doom but don't recall how much, if any potentially
copyrighted material was used.

JB