OFF: BritRail

Thu Sep 28 19:20:14 EDT 2000

> I see that BritRail passes are not available for purchase in the
> UK.  (Does
> anyone else think that's a little weird?)

They're for tourist, not commuters, that's why...

You can just turn up and get a ticket on the Gatwick Express, that's what
most people do.  Unless you're doing a lot of rail travel the pass might not
save that much.

> I am also assuming that the SouthEast pass will include all of the London
> Tubes as well, is that right?

Not at all sure, you'd better check with your travel agent.

> Will there be any problem purchasing a MH ticket for Sunday,
> while there at
> the BA box office Saturday night?  Or should I order that one
> online as well?

I expect the box office will be closed for other events, so get your
Motorhead ticket in advance.

> Are the 'floor' tickets and balcony tickets really firm...ie., do they
> really not allow you access to the other part(s) of the Academy?
> I'm on the
> floor of course....I prefer to stand/move around whenever possible.

Probably, I've had to get circle tickets for a couple of events there
(Ramones, Kraftwerk) and there was no choice about it, circle it said so
circle it was.  But the downstairs is like a big sloping bar with a stage,
you can walk for miles, and in and out to the bars, merchandise etc.

-- Andy

mailto:Andy.Gilham at btinternet.com; http://www.andy.gilham.btinternet.co.uk