OFF : Way off

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Fri Sep 29 17:54:08 EDT 2000

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 17:23:07 EDT, DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:
>In a message dated 9/29/00 5:16:34 AM, mark at ESPARTO.UK.COM writes:
><<
>I'll have a look but I recall my mum telling me it was
>Needles and Pins, can't remember who by tho'.
>>>
>=====
>the searchers
>
>covered in the '80s by the ramones
>
>ps>not sure, but co-written by sonny bono?

Sure enough, by Sonny Bono (surprisingly NOT under a psuedonym, as were
most of his better known compositions for other folks - see "She Said Yeah"
[Larry Williams, Rolling Stones, Flamin' Groovies] by one "S. Christy") and
(probably mostly) the (recently) late, (very, very) great, Jack Nietzche.

Artists listed include Jack DeShannon (the original hit version, I think?),
the Ramones, Tom Petty, and CHER.

info courtesy of the BMI songs database:
http://repertoire.bmi.com/
(most songs not in the BMI database can be found in the ASCAP one at:
http://www.ascap.com/ace/ACE.html)

Very useful databases, no matter what one's opinion on the owners' is ...

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com