OFF : Way off

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Fri Sep 29 18:41:29 EDT 2000

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:27:17 EDT, Dave Hess <HAWKWINDED at AOL.COM> wrote:
> >covered in the '80s by the ramones >>
>And CRACK THE SKY

When th'heck did Crack the Sky do that song?  The only cover version I knew
they did was "I Am The Walrus" (which I own the 12" promo edited version of
... heh heh ... it's cheaper than kollekting Hawkwind!).  I'm a big CtS fan
from having lived in Baltimore for four years, and one of the bands I'm in
covers "All American Boy", from 'White Music', my fave CtS LP, but I'll
admit I've never really delved into their post-Lifesong output ...

(obVagueOnTopicness - Crack the Sky were probably the only other
"mainstream" American 70s rock band that delved into irony and
tongue-in-cheekiness nearly as much as BOC did)

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com