HW: NIK: Strange Trips releases

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Sun Apr 1 21:05:04 EDT 2001

In a message dated 3/31/01 4:13:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
henderson.120 at OSU.EDU writes:

>  I think we should all expect everyone to be out in the open about this
>  issue.  I tend to think like Eli and assume that it would make zero sense
>  for Strange Trips to alienate those who they've put their neck on the line
>  for in the past to support.  But I don't wish to pay out $ for a release
>  that the artists don't 'believe' in either.  So, can somebody say for sure
>  whether Nik, Harvey, Tommy, et al., are on board with this?  (Did Tommy/Len
>  mention this/sell this at the Anubian Lights gig in Cal., Chuck?)
>
>  Patiently yours...Keith H. (FAA)

Nope, and i forgot to ask. did get a couple advance promos of the new album,
though ("Naz-bar"). got one extra -- first one to e-mail and say
"am-bat-nam-HESH!" gets it. Warning: it _is_, like their set last Thurs, a
little more techno-oriented with less emphasis on the space, but not bad at
all, if you like AL. I just think local rave-band the Ray Makers are having a
little too much influence on 'em...

can't wait to hear the SD recordings. speaking of which, what happened to the
feller who i was gonna trade CD-R with?? Yours have been done forever, man!
sorry i forgot your name -- so many e-mails, so little mind (my mind that
is)...

NP: FARFLUNG--"The Raven Ate the Moon" (finally! and if anyone's ever in the
Hermosa/Redondo/Manhattan Beach area, check out a shop called Off-Beat on the
PCH -- i always score there. they had about 3 copies of 25000 Ft p/Second
too, where I originally scored my own copy. Also have an extra copy here at
home. It's got a huge promo-bite outta the insert, so i won't ask much for
it...just a few bucks for shipping. GREAT cd, bad indexing.

chuck