BOC: Joe Dirt soundtrack

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Mon Apr 2 12:10:15 EDT 2001

> BH said...
>>> From Amazon.com:
>>
>> Joe Dirt Soundtrack

[typical classic rock fodder snipped]

Grakkl (FAA) replied:
> In other words, about as original as the movie itself.  :)
>
> "K-Tel presents...'Groovin' in the '70s."

I'd like to see a comp of classic rock bands' least popular songs that were
still hits (based on sales). Something like:

Best of the Least (1970-2000)

Skynyrd> Gimme Back My Bullets
BOC> Godzilla (less of a hit than Burnin', right?)
Doobie Bros> Jesus is Just Alright
Pink Floyd> Shine on You Crazy Diamond
Aerosmith> Let the Music Do the Talking
AC/DC> Hard as a Rock

These probably aren't right, but you get the idea.

Maybe if the CD was sent out to enough classic rock radio stations, they
might start playing more than 1 or 2 songs from each band on their
playlist...I'm sure it would be too much to ask for them to actually add a
"new" artist from that era.

It's scary. The way things are now, you'd think Pink Floyd only released two
albums!

Brian

--
Vincent Price Talking Lawnmower