OFF: Farflung

Mon Apr 2 14:48:25 EDT 2001

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Chuck Rosenberg wrote:

> In a message dated 3/19/01 3:31:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> henderson.120 at OSU.EDU writes:
> >
> >  P.S.  The Myth of Solid Ground...ever released? (other than the initial run
> >  of 30 CD-Rs)  Does Big Jesus (the supposed label of choice) have any web
> >  presence?
>
> Not sure if you'd heard yet, but a local SoCal label/distributor (Falcata
> Galia, located in Rialto of all places!!) is supposed to be releasing their
> next album...

        Is that _The Myth of Solid Ground_ or a further one? Because I
recall some chatter from someone who'd run into Len Del Rio that he was
about to go into the studio with Tommy and co. That was probably the new
AL album though wasn't it? Or do you know different?

> PS: Was Raven That Ate the Moon released on Flipside? Is it really rare?

        I believe it can still be got, but it was certainly on
Flipside. Marvellous artwork, incredible music (though _Belief Module_ is
kind of the same stuff brought under control), lousy indexing. There are
four tracks on the CD; the back cover lists six and the credits mention 7
& 8. I did try to get an idea what was going on out of the bass player who
was fired, Buck McGibbony, but only got half of one before he started
talking about energy levels and didn't get an appropriately encouraging
response from me to continue the correspondance. Yours,
                                                        Jon

ObCD: Hawkwind - _Spacebrock_
--
              Spooky peanut terror bringing pain and death!
     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)      jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk