HW: Zones/ FIFTHED/SIXTHED/SEVENTHED

Mon Apr 2 16:18:41 EDT 2001

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Mike Coleman wrote:

>   the whole album is a mindblower (twink? frond? m.
> eye?)....anyway.....ESPECIALLY THE MOORCOCK additions.....

        I do like the Moorcock additions, he's never less than
interesting, although parts of _New World's Fair_ are pretty painful
nonetheless. But the quality is lousy, the 1980 live stuff is only okay,
and the 1982 stuff is, well, OK but the robotic tone is too much well
before the end. Worth it for the `Utopia 1984'/ `Social Alliance' segue
though.

        _Magic Eye_ however is a *top* album. One of my luckiest
finds. "Staggering rock with weird psychedelic effects... "

        Mike: await private mail about bounces, for which I
apologise... Yours,
                    Jon
--
              Spooky peanut terror bringing pain and death!
     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)      jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk