HW: Aldershot

Steve Litchfield slitchfield at UKONLINE.CO.UK
Tue Apr 3 08:18:00 EDT 2001

Interesting to hear other people's coments on Aldershot - I agree there
were some real high points (You'd better believe it and Space is Deep
during their blanga bits were FABULOUS) but the sound mix was very
variable and I couldn't hear much of Jerry at all - I did try moving
around but it didn't make much difference. Too many players on stage
perhaps?

Interesting also that I think Jerry is part of the Bedouin 3-piece as
well, which I didn't know?

Ron is growing on me (despite the f-words), the passion and fun that he
and Alan in particular showed throughout the gig were memorable.

Anyway, well done all and keep on rocking!

Steve Litchfield
PS> More Opal Butterfly (Lemmy/Simon King) stuff coming next week - one of
the groups founders is coming round to my place with a suitcase of archive
material 8-))