OFF: Sigur Ros

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Apr 3 10:17:14 EDT 2001

Hi Folks...

This unusual Icelandic combo will be doing this US mini-tour soon.  I just
picked up their most recent disc (title in Icelandic...'AB' I'll call it).
It's a similar style of melancholic drone music as is gybe!, but not
identical.  And I'm still trying to figure out exactly where I'd already
heard the opening track with the weird female vocals.  I've looked on a
bunch of compilation discs I have, but haven't seen it yet.  I *know* I'd
heard it before somewhere!

Well, anyway, here are the dates I've seen...perhaps there will be more?

Grakkl (FAA)

28.April - Coachella Music & Arts Festival, Indio, CA
1. May - John Anson Ford Theatre, Hollywood, CA
2. May - The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA
4. May - Palais Royale, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
6. May - Parkwest, Chicago, Illinois
8. May - Angel Orensanz Center, New York, NY

Check their website: www.sigur-ros.com