HW: Rock City

David Bottomley merlinas at DIRCON.CO.UK
Tue Apr 3 19:56:46 EDT 2001

>Where did Owl & Pussycat title come from?
>I heard nothing that resembled it (it's the only poem I know!)

Well, Ron recited something along the lines of (below) several times in
amongst all the other stuff:

The owl & the pussycat went to sea
In a beautiful pea-green boat
They took some mushrooms
And plenty of dope
something something something

>Dave & Jerry should do all the singing and Ron move back to bass.

You sure? And ditch Alan? I think Ron does a fine job when he plays it
relatively straight, particularly on the Calvert numbers (ironically enough)
such as Flying Doctor & High Rise.

>I hate all this talking between songs that has crept in these last few
>years. We don't need song introductions or between member banter (well, I
don't
>anyway).

Oh, I like this. The band were clearly enjoying themselves & I think this
rubbed off on most of the audience.

Dave