First with Croydon report

Tue Apr 3 20:06:02 EDT 2001

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Si Halley wrote:

> > I'm going to kill the sound engineer if I ever get my hands on him.  Much
> as
> > I love Alan's playing, being able to hear that to the virtual exclusion of
> > all else for most of the gig is somewhat frustrating - Dave's guitar was
> > inaudible and Jerry's was most of the time.
>
> Hmm. I had very good sound almost all night. Could hear Everyone. 7 rows
> back right in front of the PA on the left(not bad considering I got my
> tickets about 7:15pm!). I think it`s definitly where you are in this place.
> Same thing happened last year. I had awful sound all night but others said
> it was fine.

        We were not much further back but on the right, and it was fine
from where we were too. Alan not perfectly clear, Jerry still not loud
enough (but he never is), bottom end of Richard's drum-kit inaudible (but
that's only been different at the Astoria) but none of these things so
awfully so that they spoilt it. Keith very loud but not swamping
things; but you couldn't forget he was there which since he was very good
was no bad thing. Full review will follow when I get to my own
machine... Yours,
                  Jon

--
              Spooky peanut terror bringing pain and death!
     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)      jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk