HW: Weirdos in general

John H. McCartney scorch at TE-CATS.COM
Tue Apr 3 20:31:31 EDT 2001

With regards to chronological order, I do something similar
with how releases are ordered on lp and cd shelves. Earlier
"real" dates, ie. the date a show was recorded, not when it
was released, go right in with the studio output with that
year. I do try to determine if, for example, a live show was
after or before the studio album with that material, it's not
always easy or possible.

With compilations that cover a large timespan, I tend to stick
them in just after the newest item on the comp, such that the
mythical comp "Bottom End of the Hawk: The Bassists of Hawkwind"
that had a track from IITFOTFTBD as the latest, then just behind
there is where I'd put it.

I tried just putting all the comps at the end of the pile, but
that didn't work well as that's where I stick collaborations
and F&R type things.

Anyone else have interesting solutions to this dilemma?

scorch