BOC: Joe Dirt soundtrack

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Wed Apr 4 17:12:56 EDT 2001

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 03:27:33PM -0400, Brian Halligan wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 12:10:15PM -0400, Brian Halligan wrote:
> >> It's scary. The way things are now, you'd think Pink Floyd only released two
> >> albums!
>
> Eric Siegerman replied:
> > Umma Gumma and Meddle.  You mean there are others? :-)
>
> OK I know what I'm doing this weekend--buying a large antenna so I can pick
> up Toronto rock stations. ;-)

Don't bother.  Things are just as pathetic up here.

> I did hear an obscure tune in Toronto once, at the Hard Rock Cafe (not the
> Sky Dome one). They played "Place In Line" by Deep Purple as about 20 of us
> waited in line for a table.

*grin*  When Supertramp toured a while ago (last summer? the year before? --
and yes, they did play some good stuff in the first part of the set, before
descending into Breakfast in America drivel) the Toronto gig was at Ontario
Place, an entertainment/restaurant/recreation complex on an island (there are
pedestrian bridges to it; it's not very far offshore).  As we were all leaving,
a big crowd bunched up waiting to cross the narrow bridge, a pub along the
route was blasting out Stealers Wheel's "Stuck in the Middle with You".  Hardly
obscure, but sublimely apropos.  A lot of the people in the crowd started
singing along.

> I didn't wait long enough to get through the
> whole song....

I had little choice :-)

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /