HW: A Question r

Wed Apr 4 19:31:27 EDT 2001

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Bill & Cynthia wrote:

> I've been meaning for a while to ask whether Hawkwind has ever done this
> song - "The Weighing of the Heart and Negative Confession?"
>
> I found it on Napster and downloaded it. It certainly sounds like HW.
> It goes BLANGA BLANGA BLANGA BLANGA....
>
> Can anyone tell me anything about it.

        Lots of answers already, but: there are two versions, both by Nik
Turner, where that means Pressurehed of LA with Nik blowing on the sax,
flute and vocals tracks afterwards. The `original' is off _Sphynx_
(Cleopatra 1993) but there is also a "`Travel' Remix" to be found on a
compilation called _Sonic Attack 2001_ (Dossier 1996) which is to my mind
rather more satisfying. It also has Helios Creed of Chrome playing
largely inaudible lead guitar. Credits are to Nik, Wayne James (producer),
Tommy Grenas and Len Del Rio (Pressurehed). It's based on the segue
between `Hall of Double Truth' and `Anubis' from the original Sphynx
album, _Xitintoday_, but though the words are the same (from the Egyptian
Book of the Dead) they're given in full in this version and the music is
all new apart from flute samples from the old album. That's all I can tell
you :-) Yours,
                Jon

--
              Spooky peanut terror bringing pain and death!
     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)      jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk