Off: Soft Boys 03/31/2001

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Apr 4 19:35:37 EDT 2001

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001 16:51:10 -0500, Dan Witt <Lwitt1 at QWEST.NET> wrote:
>Anybody interested in the Soft Boys?  I taped them 03-31 at first avenue,
>with dpa 4061s to line in DAT.  It's a 90 minute show, they did some good
>songs, and a nice Astronomy Domine.  It would be on 2 cdrs.

Ah yes, I'm looking forward to the Soft Boys showing up in San Francisco.
I was a *huge* Robyn Hitchcock fan in the late 80's (I think at the time, I
voted for 'I Often Dream of Trains' as best album of the decade), but I
haven't felt much desire to listen to his solo albums since then (but I'd
still defend '...Trains' as *brilliant* - an emotionally-easy record it is
NOT).  However, I still listen to the three Soft Boys albums regularly, and
the recent Matador reissue of 'Underwater Moonlight' is one of the most
gorgeous reissue packages EVER (triple LP in triptych sleeve with bonus 7",
liners and poster).

    -Doug
     ceres at sirius.com

P.S. Trivia question - who can identify the Soft Boys album that references
Hawkwind in the liner notes?