OFF Mornington Crescent

Thu Apr 5 16:29:12 EDT 2001

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Sam Kirwan wrote:

> That's major cool - can we hold huge parties in them??
>
> On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Jon Browne wrote:
>
> > Not that it's got anything to do with anything, but did you know there
> > are actually 40 abandoned stations on the Tube?
> >
> > Like King William Street, which was closed over 100 years ago, which
> > still has posters on its wall but is only accessible down a manhole in
> > the basement of Regis House, with breathing gear coz the air's gone bad?
>
>         I knew there were three at least, but I didn't know it was as many
> as forty... You come through two of them (Lords and Marylebone Road) on
> the way into Baker Street on the Metropolitan, they're not too difficult
> to spot although most of the platforms have been cleared out. And of
> course Everyone Knows there's one under Buck House to evacuate the Royals
> with in the case of son^H^H^Hnuclear attack. Honestguvplainasthernoseon-
> yerfaceinnitnah. Yours,

        I'd imagine, only if you had protective headgear and body armour,
since only the tunnels are kept up, and also in some cases gas-masks and
breathing gear as Jon says... Depends on what kind of crowd you want
really :-) Yours,
                  Jon

P.S. And of course it would be ILLEGAL so there :-0
--
              Spooky peanut terror bringing pain and death!
     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)      jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk