Careful use of the saxophone

Mark Jermy m.jermy at CRANFIELD.AC.UK
Fri Apr 6 05:19:01 EDT 2001

Kirsten wrote:
>   He played it at Croydon. And yes, he is good

I've always found Nik's playing easy on the ear (not in the sense of easy
listening i.e. easy to ignore, but better integrated with the music, and
flowing. I find Jez' playing jerky (as in sporadic, not smooth). Just goes
to show different people listen in different ways.

The good thing is that we are listening to the music. I think we have so
much crap in the charts because people don't really listen to the music they
choose, and seek music that is easy on the ear and easy to categorise rather
than music that is truly emotion or thought-provoking.

When did Jez play the flute at Croydon? I seem to remeber him playing alto
and tenor sax.

Mark
Dr Mark Jermy
Automotive, Combustion and Energy Engineering
School of Mechanical Engineering
Cranfield University
Cranfield, Beds, MK43 0AL, Great Britain
Tel +44 1234 754680 Fax +44 1234 750425
http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/sme/aeod/homepage.htm