HW: Croydon debrief

Jill Strobridge jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Mon Apr 9 18:58:29 EDT 2001

Nice review Jon - it brought some memories back!     I'm sorry I
didn't get to hear Bedouin especially if they were doing a more
ambient sound - a slightly calmer less frenetic Bedouin would be
very interestig.

However the advantage of not hearing Bedouin was that we got to talk
instead with Kris Tait and she is an amazing person!    I'd never
been quite so aware of the amount of energy involved in organzation
and administration that is going on all the time a show is taking
place.   The simple process of getting crew people on and off a
stage within the restrictions imposed by a venue, sorting everything
out, persuading everyone to be where they should be when they should
be and making sure that everyone has everything they need not to
mention unexpected surprises like discovering the venue has already
spent its advertising quota months beforehand!   Basic ordinary
administration going on all the time behind the scenes while
on-stage, out front, magic is being created!     I guess I was
always aware such things were going on but to have an insight into
the sheer amount of work that must be involved was strangely
revelatory!

So thank you Kris for your generosity and thanks to everyone I met
afterwards.  I confess I was somewhat overwhelmed but it was really
very interesting!        Wish I could have made it to Aldershot but
had to travel in the opposite direction and have only just managed
to catch up with everything now.

jill
<memo to self:,,,, next time remember passport.....>
Jill Strobridge <jill at theta-orionis.freeserve.co.uk>