BOC: Joe Dirt soundtrack

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Wed Apr 11 13:13:39 EDT 2001

Paul Mather wrote:

> Does anyone remember Alan Robson of Radio Metro in Newcastle?  He used
> to DJ a heavy metal show called the "Hot 'n' Heavy Express," and used to
> have a segment on it called the "mega mix" where he'd play a mix of
> songs by the same band for about half an hour straight as a sampler/
> retrospective.  He did a Hawkwind mega mix once, and segued the tracks
> quicker than normal.  Despite that, he still only managed to cover the
> gist of their official recorded output.

Alan Robson - aka the Flashing Blade aka The Night Owl. Yeah, he was one of
the DJs that kept me sane during my University tour of duty Up North back
around '88-91 ;-)

By the time I was tuning in we was doing more of the late night talk radio
shows but it was still entertaining and he threw in some solid rock tracks
pretty regularly from the likes of Magnum etc.

> (He even did a Venom mega mix once!:)
>
> Is he still on the air, I wonder?

I believe he went off and does TV stuff now.

Tim

obCD: Icebreaker International: _Trein Maersk_