OFF: Buck and Lucky Leif

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Apr 11 19:10:20 EDT 2001

In message <200104112026.QAA08359 at listserv.spc.edu>, Douglas Pearson
<ceres at SIRIUS.COM> writes
>On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 15:51:42 -0400, Michael S. Habiby
><mhabiby1 at NYCAP.RR.COM> wrote:

>>> Eric Siegerman wrote:
>>> Really?  How so?
>
>For starters, read the liner notes to the first Faust album ("We Like Beach
>Boys"), and interviews with Kraftwerk where they discuss "Autobahn" (an
>attempt to capture the *feel* of the German highway system in the same way
>the Beach Boys captured the feel of California beaches and highways and
>high schools).  Those are the two main "acknowledged" bits I can think
>of ...

David Thomas of Pere Ubu seems to have a fascination with the Beach Boys
too... references to the BBs abound in his recent work.

Any HW fans online now, come on over to the irc channel, I'll be hanging
around online for a bit while I type some work up, be nice to chat while I
do it...
--
Nick Medford