OFF: Buck and Lucky Leif

Denis Regenbrecht denis.regenbrecht at UNIBW-MUENCHEN.DE
Thu Apr 12 03:27:41 EDT 2001

Hi,

>Sorry, I didn't explain it well - I didn't mean to use something like
>the laser harp to actually _play_ a theremin, just use it to show the
>player where to put his/her hands to play particular notes. Playing
>would be no different, the player would just have a visual tuning
>reference. Slides and vibrato etc would still be possible, with the
>bonus of being able to play melodies more accurately.

But the position of the whole hand relative to the Theremin is only one
aspect. You can also alter the sound (or the vlume) by only changing the
stances of your fingers without moving the whole hand. In such a case
Jarre's lasers would be quite useless. But nevertheless the Jarre-way looks
quite impressive ;-)

(c)IAO

                         D+R