HW: Recent v Old (revisited)

Captain Bl@ck starfield at SUPANET.COM
Sat Apr 14 16:30:07 EDT 2001

I shall break my vow of list silence on this one. I agree with Colm in that
Paul Rudolph and Alan Powell were, despite the folklore, excellent
musicians.  Alan's drumming on Spiral Galaxy is a delight to hear (no it
wasn't all done by Simon King as one web site would have you believe)  and
there are many more fine examples. I just love that 1976 double album - the
start of Opa Loka/Uncle Sam, Time For Sale, Steppenwolf, Brainstorm,
everyone a gem and much more creative than the Adrian Shaw period (howls of
derision from the list posters).  If only Astounding Sounds had been a well
produced studio double album, think what a classic that would have been.
No, really!

Captain Bl at ck.