HW: Recent v Old (revisited)

Ian Abrahams ian at ABRAHAMSI.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sun Apr 15 03:23:51 EDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: david hall <dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK>

> For me Hawkwind, when on form, can be one of the best gigs around. For two
> periods one in the late eighties and another they appeared to be in a rut.
> Then lo and behold they pull a corker out of the bag.

What I really liked at the end of the eighties was going to the Space
Bandits album tour at Colston Hall, having a wonderful time and only at the
end going "Wow, no Master, no Brainstorm" and enjoying a really freshened up
set.

Think this has happened again on the Spring Tour. Although I didn't get to
any gigs (curses Railtrack), listening to the Leeds gig this weekend it
really comes over with a sense of renewal and vitality, lots of unexpected
reappearances and some new stuff to get some anticipatory juices flowing.
Lets hope that, as it seems, Hawkestra out of the way and the very well
received Astoria gig behind him, Dave is riding on a new wave of
enthusiasm....Great Stuff!!!

Ian