OFF: Blackmore's [K]night

Eric Siegerman erics at TELEPRES.COM
Mon Apr 16 17:10:44 EDT 2001

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 11:26:26AM +0100, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
> Pseudo-folk with a New-Agish shine to it

Very pseudo.  It's the kind of bland stuff that gives folk music
a bad name.  And only occasional flashes of Blackmore-ness to
relieve the boredom.

> and pleasant enough if one
> likes to visit such things on occasion.

Give me Eliza Carthy, or Steeleye Span, or the Rankin Family, or
Rare Air, or The New St. George, or, or...

> (How did that old bastard
> acquire _her_!? :)

Same way as Mr. Kilmister always seems to manage :-/

> Ian Anderson guested on a track on one of the previous albums :)

Now if Dave Pegg could convince him to guest on a Fairports album.
(Apparently he's done so live, eg. at a couple of Cropredy's) ...

|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics at telepres.com
|  |  /
necessarily a good idea.
        - RFC 1925 (quoting an unnamed source)